Other Hobbies

Shooting archery. Archery is how i make my living also. I make Bow wrist slings for mathews archery and several other companies.I try to shot a few arrows every day... here's a few pictures of what i make...

slings_021600_x_451.jpg

slings_013600_x_451.jpg

slings_010600_x_451.jpg

slings_007600_x_451.jpg

slings_014600_x_451.jpg

Very cool! I actually used to do 3D Archery when I lived in Illinois, and for a while I was consistently over 300, so I felt pretty happy about that. I used a cheap Parker Buckhunter, and I did have a wrist sling on it a lot like that first one!

~Noah

Les - Thank you!

No. I've never done a paddle, or anything else, in Koa. Its gorgeous wood, but never worked with it.

What other woods are comparable in weight, flexibility, "carve-ability", etc?

I dont know, I just saw a lot of Koa ones in Hawaii and always thought they where cool. cool 1

well into a new hobby , its called geocaching .
that will get me out of the house and shop for now till it wears off.
use to be and still now and then, fishing, bow hunting,camping.
vern mo money

Benchrest rifle 6mm ppc, & rimfire benchrest, precision reloading, and completed a restoration on a 1949 South Bend lathe. I also need to post photos of my completed KMG clone
cj_035.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! I actually used to do 3D Archery when I lived in Illinois, and for a while I was consistently over 300, so I felt pretty happy about that. I used a cheap Parker Buckhunter, and I did have a wrist sling on it a lot like that first one!

~Noah

I like shooting the real thing better than 3d .But i have shot alot of targets in my day...

Hot Wheels!

My focus is on the pre-'73 cars (because that's when I had 'em) that have the redline tires. Here's just a few.

Difficult to find still in the blister pack.

beach_bomb.jpg

bye_focal.jpg

3_288363.jpg

2_242976.jpg

1_345702.jpg

5_255330.jpg

Last edited:
Shooting archery. Archery is how i make my living also. I make Bow wrist slings for mathews archery and several other companies.I try to shot a few arrows every day... here's a few pictures of what i make...

I had no idea those were yours. They had those on display at the Archery Trade Association Show a couple of weeks ago.

I brew my own beer.
Collect guns
Hunt relics
Sometimes make my own cheese.
Collect knives
Ride ATV's
Collect dirty looks from my wife.

My other hobby's are shooting stuff, restoring old machines, machining, and airsoft. Airsoft is like paintball but with 6mm plastic bbs and realistic guns.

Here I am before my ghillie suit was finished at a game about four years ago.
ghillie.jpg

A bit farther back.
DSCF0313.jpg

I'll snag a photo of my guns in a few days.

I had no idea those were yours. They had those on display at the Archery Trade Association Show a couple of weeks ago.

Yes they make all the archery trade shows .They sell world wide.they have really take off in the last few years ever since mathews put their name on them...

My favorite hobbies are squirrel hunting and fishing, mostly for catfish and walleye. I do enjoy Indian artifact hunting while squirrel hunting when the squirrel hunting slows down when the squirrels turn in for the day.

I do some range shooting with my daughter and we have a lot of enjoyment doing that, too.

Back