Old school kwaiken cool

Benr.t

I know I have been posting nothing but kwaikens lately, but honestly that's all I have been making! I have been doing many variations and working on things like making my wrap as tight and even as possible, as well as cleaning up my end knot. I am very pleased with them at this point.
I have always liked the look of the Hartsfields with the cotton wrap. Thanks to Adam Vigil I got a hold of some of the good stuff. :cool:

This is my Kraiken model, which has lots of built in sori. This particular one is .210" CPM 3v with a double grind down to razor sharp edge and point.

The sheath is Aluminum, wrapped in Bison hide and lined with kevlar. The "sageo" adds grip when tucked in your belt, and also extends to act as a static cord.

I have been carrying and using a tanto style pocket knife for over ten years straight. When I say "tanto" I am really referring to the grind style as that is what it is generally know as here. The utility nature of the Americanized tanto blade shape I think is underrated and often misunderstood. The angled front edge works awesome for scraping, much like a chisel. And the secondary point where the bevels meet means the blade cuts deeply on a pull cut or stab.

Anyway, enough talk here are some pics. :D

Back