Old Folders

Freds Edge

A friend of mine who I show Leonbergers with had some old folders that belonged to his dad . He wanted to give them to his adult sons but they were in bad shape so I told him to send them to me and I would do what I could. When I received them I took a look and thought what did I get myself into . Well a little time , elbow greases and patience yields good results.IMG_2198.JPGIMG_2200.JPGIMG_2201.JPGIMG_2202.JPG

Great Job!!!

The Old Timer and Camillus are worth a pretty penny in certain collector circles. Be very cautious about doing anything beyond cleaning them! Some years ago, before I knew much about production knife collecting, I "refurbished" a 2 bladed folder..... and later found that it was one of less then 1000 produced..... and that I had wrecked it's value (which was 4 figures in excellent condition) because I'd reground the blade (at the owner's request).

These days, unless I specifically know it's OK, I refuse to ever do anything except a good cleaning to any knife that is brought to me. ;)

That's what I thought as well , the Old Timer was in the worst shape . I had to do a little hand sanding but just enough . The Camillus is new the old protective oils had turned into varnish.

Back