old age

One day at a time, one foot in front of the other, appreciate that today might not be as bad as yesterday, eh? Your list could almost be my list. I understand so well, and wish you the very best with the damnable pain and constant assault on the spirit.

If you have spine pain, and haven't tried it, a hi-powered TENS unit with interferential mode has been a lifesaver for both my constant spine pain and my wife's scoliosis-twisted mess of a spine. If I didn't have this little electric box I'd have optioned out years ago.

I sincerely wish you the very best. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice but I can't use a TENS unit because of my afib. AFIB is when your heart beats erratically, out of time if you will, and they have to shock you with paddles (like the ones they use to start your heart again) to get your heart back into normal rhythm. They've had to shock me three times now as my heart keeps jumping out of rhythm. One more time and I get a pacer maker, and any type of shock, no matter how mild, can put me back into afib.

Thanks for the advice but I can't use a TENS unit because of my afib. AFIB is when your heart beats erratically, out of time if you will, and they have to shock you with paddles (like the ones they use to start your heart again) to get your heart back into normal rhythm. They've had to shock me three times now as my heart keeps jumping out of rhythm. One more time and I get a pacer maker, and any type of shock, no matter how mild, can put me back into afib.

AFib seems a strange beast. At first I didn’t realize there are different presentations of the electrical abnormality, and kept bugging the cardiologist because my buddy is getting his stuff treated and all I got was a couple pills? All he said was, “your problem won’t respond to those techniques.” I am consigned to having the fibrillation and abnormal rhythm. It has sucked my energy dry.
And your AFib is different from mine, too, as I use a Tens all the time and it doesn’t affect anythIng they can see. Cardio AH is supposed to be a hotshot so I have to assume he’s right. Maybe it’s simply the fact I can’t do the cardioinversion and return to normal rhythm, there’s medically no more the TENS can screw up. LOL
I doubt very much they’d be approving a TENS with any pacemaker, though. Scary thinking about it.
My buddy, BTW, has gone on to have cardioinversion twice. 1st time reverted. 2nd time he had the coronary artery electro-burn soon after and he’s been normal rhythm since. And got his energy back.
Good luck with things. I hope you can still find moments of joy in life

I’m 74, the other day I went into the other room and actually remembered why I went in there. It was the bathroom, but hey, I remember why I was there. . i thought I would bring a little levity to this thread.
Hey, laugh if you want but before retirement I once found myself in the bathroom at work, looked around and wondered why I'm in here. Then realized I had some papers in my hand I was taking to the copy machine - the trip from my office to copy room took me past the bathroom and for some reason I'd turned in to bathroom.

Hey, laugh if you want but before retirement I once found myself in the bathroom at work, looked around and wondered why I'm in here. Then realized I had some papers in my hand I was taking to the copy machine - the trip from my office to copy room took me past the bathroom and for some reason I'd turned in to bathroom.
I've done similar

I've lost my super glue - it is only ever in one of two locations, in the frig or on my shop work table - it is gone - vanished ! my wife and I have exhausted ourselves searching !! what the hell!?

I could tell by my late 30's that my body was not the same as it used to be. I got into this as both an alternative and addition to any work/jobs that require lots of walking or lifting, especially on uneven ground (firewood, fishing, etc). My goal is by the time I'm 50 to be making professional level custom knives. Even that is weird to say. It's only a few years away.

I always wondered how it would feel to be an Octogenarian, now I know. It is largely a confirmation that pain is part of getting older, and not all body parts work the way they were originally designed.
For many decades now I've viewed getting up in the morning as an adventure in discovering what hurts and what doesn't work. It's always amazes me to find body parts that hurt that I didn't even know I had.
After back surgery in my 30s, carpal tunnels in my 60s, hip replacement in my 70s, I'm familiar now with every form of joint wrap, TENS unit, and multiple prosthetics - and that Celebrex is a part of an important food group.
But, it's all good, every day is a blessing and a realization that relationships are much more important that "stuff".

Back