Ol' Skully is done!

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
Finally finished this one. Has to be one of my favorites so far. Going to a good home. Thanks for looking. :D

Attachments

• Skull and Flames 001.jpg
    Skull and Flames 001.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Skull and Flames 002.jpg
    Skull and Flames 002.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Skull and Flames 003.jpg
    Skull and Flames 003.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Skull and Flames 004.jpg
    Skull and Flames 004.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Skull and Flames 006.jpg
    Skull and Flames 006.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 83
More pics. cool 1

Attachments

• Skull and Flames 012.jpg
    Skull and Flames 012.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Skull and Flames 011.jpg
    Skull and Flames 011.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 27
  • Skull and Flames 009.jpg
    Skull and Flames 009.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Skull and Flames 008.jpg
    Skull and Flames 008.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Skull and Flames 007.jpg
    Skull and Flames 007.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 27
Lasts ones.

Attachments

• Skull and Flames 013.jpg
    Skull and Flames 013.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Skull and Flames 014.jpg
    Skull and Flames 014.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 20
That is an outstanding looking knife! I love skulls and that one is very well done. Plus it's flipper.

Geez Dave! That one is my favorite so far. Outstanding work on that texture and pattern too. Water did that controlled depth?

Yep, did it on the water. Theres a lot to making the multiple programs and fixtures to do the texturing. :eek:

David,
My Man!! That is outstanding !! Just wondering how you got my ex wifes drivers license picture to copy for that one.
Steve

I think I have come back to look at this one 4 or 5 times so far.
it's very cool.
what's next?

David your knives sure are improving , great work , you need to let me make you a nice billet of sanmai , would make a neat blade , something with multiple layers folded with a core of something like D-2 ?? would make a killer blade James (bubba)

David your knives sure are improving , great work , you need to let me make you a nice billet of sanmai , would make a neat blade , something with multiple layers folded with a core of something like D-2 ?? would make a killer blade James (bubba)

Jim, don't let me hold you back. 2thumbs

HOLY SKULLS, BATMAN! That is neater than night baseball! And a collaboration between bubba-san and Dave-san sounds like a marriage made in heaven! Can't wait to see that finished product. I think you ought to raffle one of those bad babies off. Denny-san

HOLY SKULLS, BATMAN! That is neater than night baseball! And a collaboration between bubba-san and Dave-san sounds like a marriage made in heaven! Can't wait to see that finished product. I think you ought to raffle one of those bad babies off. Denny-san

I've got another design that will get raffle action. Coming soon. cool 1

It take s a 2"x6" to make 1 blade. Around .165" thick.

Let me get started on something , may have a piece already made ? I guess that liitle flipper takes up the extra 1/2 " . Let me see what I can make . will drop you a line later. Bubba

Back