No Weld Grinder question. Newbie from Atlanta.

Steelwheels

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I have. I purchased the No Weld Grinder plans and have acquired most of the materials. I recently received a 1.5 hp TEFC motor for free, 120v. It came off of a Rigid table saw. It is CW. The plans say that it needs to be CCW. My question is, if I reverse or "mirror" the plans, could I make my free motor work. It seems like it should, but I would like to know if I'll run into any problems. I have never attempted anything like this before.

Thank you in advance for you help!

-C

That should work but is there a plate on the motor that shows a wiring diagram? Most motors spin both directions.

No diagram, but there is a note on the plate: Motor is non-reversible CW rotation at shaft end.

Thanks for the response!

-C

Too bad.
i reversing the plans will be easy so I wouldn't worry about it.

Rather than trying to build the whole thing backwards you might just consider mounting the motor on the "wrong" side.

Good thought. You could mount the motor backwards underneath or behind if you have the room to do it.

knives 112.jpgThought id chime in... i built my own grinder i used a tile saw and mounted it on the right side and used 3 step pulley. Herse a pic! Ghaile

Back