Nitro-V Boner for My Dad - pic almost done

I agree, very nice shape on that knife.
And I get exactly what your saying about just being careful. I find myself having to remind myself of that constantly. That and I tell myself that I am looking for great results, not just something that will cut.

I agree, very nice shape on that knife.
And I get exactly what your saying about just being careful. I find myself having to remind myself of that constantly. That and I tell myself that I am looking for great results, not just something that will cut.
Exactly and thanks!

Ok so I already messed this up by cutting handles too short, but I thought I would at least throw some update pics up. I think I may be able to play with the plunge line and make this look ok. The red liner was requested but it’s starting to grow on me.0761F13A-9CD8-4C02-AE6D-C4DDD40EC755.jpeg09B746A5-66B8-4E71-BFD9-5E4990354793.jpeg

I like the red liners a lot. Once the handle is shaped and finished those are really going to pop. As far as cutting the scales too short- been there and done that. The great news is that you have a country mile of ricasso. All you need to do is bring your plunge lines back if you wanted to. One suggestion- it looks like this one could have used some more hand sanding before you put the handle on.

I like the red liners a lot. Once the handle is shaped and finished those are really going to pop. As far as cutting the scales too short- been there and done that. The great news is that you have a country mile of ricasso. All you need to do is bring your plunge lines back if you wanted to. One suggestion- it looks like this one could have used some more hand sanding before you put the handle on.
Lol great question... I had it 400 but has since probably scratched it. Should’ve been taped?

Yeah, I ran myself in circles with scotchbrite belts for a long time trying to get them to do things they simply won't. I finally accepted that I was spending as much time on the grinder as I would have if I hand sanded.

Kevin, this may be your best work to date. That sheath is awesome and the knife is really, really nice. :) You captured the angle of the grind line and angle of the scales perfectly
Wow thanks for the great compliments! I appreciate that.

Back