Newest addition to the shop

Freds Edge

My newest shop addition , you boy's in the south may not appreciate it but in Michigan it's a must.0303151833.jpg

I'd sure appreciate it here in the "mid" south. Had snow and ice last week and sleeting with freezing rain here again today. I haven't worked on hardly anything lately, just too cold to enjoy it in my unheated shop. One of these is high on my list.

Hey it gets cold here too! Just don't last long, usually!!! Nice heater.

I use to have a heater in my old shop, now I work out of my garage and I have the feeling Mama wouldn't like it too much if I took the window glass out, to run a stove pipe out of the window!:what!::biggrin:

My heater in my old shop looked like this one! I had the floor lined with firebrick and sand. You could heat the whole shop in just a few minutes, all the heat radiates into the room with one of these!!!

tin-stove-jpg.36674
They are thin as the stovepipe that you use for a chimney!! It would get to roaring and the lid would get to jumping up and down, then you knew it was ready!:biggrin:

Last edited:
I'd sure appreciate it here in the "mid" south. Had snow and ice last week and sleeting with freezing rain here again today. I haven't worked on hardly anything lately, just too cold to enjoy it in my unheated shop. One of these is high on my list.

Fred,

I live in central Michigan and without heat in the shop it would be a summer thing only! Too many negative 20's for my taste, although I do enjoy winter and the changing seasons.

Bill

That should keep ya warm! It was so cold here last week, I had to take off my flip flops and put shoes on!

Back