Newbie with intro

P

Pat B

I'm relatively new to knife making. My name is Pat Brennan, I'm almost 61 years old and I live in Southwest NC,(Brevard) in the Southern Appalacian Mountains. My main hobby(addiction) is primitive archery and traditional archery. I build selfbows and all wood backed bows, cane and hardwood shoot arrows and use them for target, 3D and hunting. I think handmade knives, hawks and trade points(arrow heads) will fit right in with my other endevors.
I've always likes knives but just recently began to play around with making a few. My friends Jonathan Creason and Michael Roberts got me started and they told me about this site...so here I am.

Aloha! I recently returned to tradbow archery, which sort of set me up to get interest in knifemaking when it crossed my path. If I could figure out how to make something like a zwickey eskimo, I'd be happy. Welcome!

Pat, welcome.

I'm new to this forum too albeit not new to knife making (1977). I did make a flint knife (miniature about 1 1/2 inches overall) many years ago. What fun. Try it out if you haven't already. I used chert, antler tip and synthetic sinew (oh, and don't forget the super glue ;). I still have that first one and I still like it. It's quite the conversation piece for those who come into my man cave. I don't have a photo on my laptop so can't post it.

Enjoy!!

Back