New to knife making wanting to learn

Sargeant1215

Hey I'm Stephen and I already know a lot of the basics but I'm wanting to take my ability to the next level looking for some one to teach me what I don't have and that's and understanding teacher this is some thing that I want to learn more than anything I've been doing this since I was 6 yrs old with my dad but right now I need more than what I have and that's one on on instruction I don't have any money me and my with are on disability but what I do have is respect and I promise to never give up and alway be there when I'm told to be email me if u have the time to teach some one who is willing to learn and please email me only if ur serious I check my email 3 times a day
Well here's my email address

natasha.hines92@yahoo.com

O plus I'm in Louisville Ky so it have to be someone local

Also people wanted to see some of my work but I'm on my phone and can upload pics if u go to my email I can send some pic to u that way

Last edited:
Welcome to KD.

File out your profile so folks can get to know you a bit. It's always nice to get to know a bit about you. Post some of your work so we can see where you are at.

if I was worthy of teaching anyone I would offer to help you out. maybe some of the pros will be close enough to help you out. if your ever south of Danville feel free to stop in tho.

Check around on the net for Local knife maker groups in your state and area.
There are several prominent makers from that neck of the woods. I am sure you could find someone near you.

I've tried but either they want money which I'm on disability a fixed income or the don't have time because they are behind on there books i feel like I'm falling through the cracks in the would and that I have been forgotten about all I'm asking for is to learn more about what makes me happy this is my way I can express my self

Just don't give up. If you want to make knives just continue reading all the material u can and ask all the questions u want. You can learn lots from all the information just on this forum alone. Post pics of your work, the guys here are always willing to give advice and keep looking...find some local groups make some new friends you will find someone that has time and is willing to help... Good luck

God bless

I've tried but either they want money which I'm on disability a fixed income or the don't have time because they are behind on there books i feel like I'm falling through the cracks in the would and that I have been forgotten about all I'm asking for is to learn more about what makes me happy this is my way I can express my self

I was on disability when I started knifemaking and I am not on it anymore! It started as my way to do something when I was in a lot of pain and could only work a hour or so at a time. I was able to turn it into a business. Perhaps you can too?

Like Keith said someone here will help you get to the next level and when I started there wasn't all of this info available and I learned mostly from books and there are many fine books available and videos available free on Utube.

Thanks u guys I happy that u all are helping me and I hope for The Lord to bless all of u and ur families through all u future endeavors thank ya'll for helping me feel welcome here

Now does any know who I could lead from please I need to know no joke

If you will come to The Knifemakers Guild Show July 31 - August 1 & 3 in downtown Louisville at the Seelbach hotel you can talk to Knifemakers that live in your area that may be willing to help you.

Back