New to Knife Dogs

My name is Carl, I live south of Boston and am a part time knife maker. I have been blessed to be taught by Bruce Gillespie of NH. I probably would be on here driving people crazy asking questions but Bruce has been invaluable in my learning. He took my drawings and made my first knife designs. Now it has been a few years but it wasn't till last year that I met some Army kids and I really had to fast track my learning as they wanted blades quickly. I mostly like to make spartan styled fixed blades. Everything is a user in my opinion so I stick to synthetic handles and like D-2. I definitely want to expand, get out of my comfort zone.

I will post some pics when I get back on my computer.

DSC_0004.jpg

I call this one curve, my answer to karambit, in MA we can't have double edged knives (yes, you can have a gun, no double edge though) so I wanted a in close blade that in reverse grip could do all trapping etc and in forward hold, you have a usable point. The offset design also makes it easier to use whole blade to cut.

Thanks all, I also, in a past life it seems, messed around with Filipino stick and knife so made some all stainless versions for people to practice with. I did a triple wrap of paracord to mimic the 1/4 inch scales, gives same feel and helps keep them cheaper. IMAG1169.jpg

I call this one cleave, same principle as curve. Points at target for you, puts large blade in front of fingers, my first fighters that if you move up to choke up circle, you can get your index finger to cover point.DSC_0003.jpg

Back