New to forum from O.C. California

bdt0307

As stated above, I am new to this forum. I have a modest collection of knives, mostly folders as you can see below.
Knives046.jpg

I was primarily into the tactical folders, but then my interest shifted to the more elegant "Gentleman's folders". As you can see I took a liking to the "Paul" knives, which accounts for about 85% of the value of the entire collection.
Knives002.jpg

But I am interested in this sight to learn about blade construction and other things associated with homemade edged tools. Reason being is, I run a tool manufacturing business in Orange County and I have a large quantity of Carbon steel scrap at my disposal, some of which is 1095 Rockwell C 51-53. Why sell all of it for scrap when I can create weekend knife projects.

Hey sounds good and it is good to have another Cali......here. I am from Simi Valley Ventura County and most of these dogs are Midwest hounds, lol. I would love to make a knife out of 1095. Maybe you could sell some here? I am a file and handle man learning to make some bench made knives. There is a great group of people here. Hope you enjoy your stay.
I noticed one of your knives is the Smith and Wesson Special Ops Knife...I have one like it. I got it on sale for twelve bucks and sacks alive that thing is devastating. All your knives are beautiful, yet out of my mid size collection of knives that thing sharpens and holds an edge! I even ran it through a test the other day.....I cut through two coke cans and a few piece of wood and that dang thing could still shave the hair off my arms. Just FYI :what!: Pound for pound and dollar for dollar those are great knives.....how does yours fair? Glad to have you and have a neighbor!!!!

Take Care Kris

Hey sounds good and it is good to have another Cali......here. I am from Simi Valley Ventura County and most of these dogs are Midwest hounds, lol. I would love to make a knife out of 1095. Maybe you could sell some here? I am a file and handle man learning to make some bench made knives. There is a great group of people here. Hope you enjoy your stay.
I noticed one of your knives is the Smith and Wesson Special Ops Knife...I have one like it. I got it on sale for twelve bucks and sacks alive that thing is devastating. All your knives are beautiful, yet out of my mid size collection of knives that thing sharpens and holds an edge! I even ran it through a test the other day.....I cut through two coke cans and a few piece of wood and that dang thing could still shave the hair off my arms. Just FYI :what!: Pound for pound and dollar for dollar those are great knives.....how does yours fair? Glad to have you and have a neighbor!!!!

Take Care Kris

I haven't done anything with the Smith & Wesson since I bought it, because a day later I bought the ZT0350. I've sold off other knives for re-investment into what you see today, but I can't let that S&W go for some reason.
Thanks for the compliments and keep you blades oiled.

Back