New Shop WIP!

Your little wifey is smart. Myself I'm not a fan of windows in the garage/shop. I'm in the city. They are nothing but a point of entry. With that said. When the forge is on and I'm hitting 110° in the shop I'm glad I have a few. If you forge a exhaust fan would be a good thing. Venting over your forge. Its looking mighty fine.

It is coming along nicely. I can't wait to be able to move into a bigger shop. I split a 8x24 ahurn she'd to where I'm around 8x8 is my grinding shop.
Btw how did you resize your pics

It is coming along nicely. I can't wait to be able to move into a bigger shop. I split a 8x24 ahurn she'd to where I'm around 8x8 is my grinding shop.

This is a copy of a post in another thread where I explained how I do it...

Welcome to KD. I had a hard time figuring out how to post when I first got on here so here’s the issue I had and how I resolved it...

Every time I would upload a pic, a warning would come up saying the file was to large. Sooo... I found out it had to be resized thanks to BossDog (Tracy Mickley). 800x800 is about the perfect size to resize to in order for it to post and still look pretty good. I’m definitely not well versed in the more technical aspects of photography but at least now I can post my pictures. Anyway... I downloaded an app on my phone called Image Size. It is really easy to use and is how I resize all my images now before uploading to KD.

This is a copy of a post in another thread where I explained how I do it...

Welcome to KD. I had a hard time figuring out how to post when I first got on here so here’s the issue I had and how I resolved it...

Every time I would upload a pic, a warning would come up saying the file was to large. Sooo... I found out it had to be resized thanks to BossDog (Tracy Mickley). 800x800 is about the perfect size to resize to in order for it to post and still look pretty good. I’m definitely not well versed in the more technical aspects of photography but at least now I can post my pictures. Anyway... I downloaded an app on my phone called Image Size. It is really easy to use and is how I resize all my images now before uploading to KD.
Ok cool thank you!!

Got the shop painted. Still gotta finish some trim work around the garage door and the roof and corner trim but she’s coming along nicely! Electrician is supposed to have came this morning to hook up my breaker box to my meter so hopefully when I get home from work, I can start getting my electrical ran inside. I can’t wait to get it done and back to making knives. Im going to glue pages from old knifemaking,hunting, and mountain biking magazines to my floor and then clear epoxy over it. Those are my three main hobbies and I think it will turn out really sweet! A pizza shop in town has their floor done with classic car magazines and it looks awesome!

A59CC5D4-1457-4F86-A26A-EA289B88363F.jpeg052599FF-B80C-403C-82BA-369109FDFE8F.jpeg

I have just recently cleaned out an old smokehouse that my grandfathers grandfather built in the early 1900's it is 10x12. It is the nicest shop I have had my first shop was a roof built off the back of the smoke house with a work bench. My second shop was a pop up camper converted to a shop it was 6x11 on the outside. Always improving :)

Looking good. I don't know where you are in the U.S. but after what I saw in North Florida last week you might want to tie it down to the ground, and make sure your metal walls and roof are attached well.

It is a bit late now but I would have ran a strap up the stud every four foot and all corners and, let it hang down below the frame. The I would have got me some of these double disk mobile home anchors, You can screw them into the ground with a heavy duty drill (if you have the special attachment)!! The strap goes into a special tensioner that fits thru the top! You wind up the slack till there is none!!

http://mobilehomedepotmi.com/anchors/anchors.html

Then if there is a storm coming you take a strap and tensioner, that goes over the roof and a block of wood in appropriate places to keep from bending the metal. You suck them down as tight as you can. The you pray!!

That is what I would do in this area!!! In fact that is how my storage shed is done! Been through at least three or four storms and haven't lost it yet!! YET!! ;):)

OH, by the way, I like your shop. I could get lost in that much space!! Or at least have fun trying to get lost!! What I think of the new shop!!
5f7.jpg

Last edited:
Back