New old gun!

During my time in the USMC, I visited Hiroshima, Japan and the Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Seeing both sides of it deeply affected me. I felt a little odd, an American standing at ground zero in Japan and I wondered if the Japanese tourist I saw at Pearl Harbor felt that way too. I tried to smile and acknowledge them to make sure they felt at ease. In turn, I was greeted with lots of smiles by Japanese school children at their memorial.

There's nothing to regret on our part, those guys had a job and did what needed to be done. I wish we had leaders in office today that had the same courage.

Yes! It would be wonderful to have a man of the grit like Give'm H^&L Harry Truman in office today.

Got my hands on the little rifle and so did it's new owner :) he did not know what to think about it but when I told him it was his he immediately thought it was cool. The next day we were going on a hike at a local park and he wanted to take his "Big gun and shoot a deer with big ears" lol.....I bet he asked me 3 more times before I finally got him to understand it is not deer season. it was a proud dad moment.
Now for the gun the stock is pretty beat up. I'm trying to decide if I want to tear it apart and repair or replace the stock.
What do you all think?

Good pic! Looks like you've got a little time to decide, but I sway towards leaving it as is. I kind of like old guns with wood stocks that show some battle scars and character. My brother and I each have an old WWII British 303 and mine is military original with all the knocks and dings. He re-blued his and put a synthetic stock on it. Guess you can't go wrong either way unless you have some ultra rare valuable rifle.

I know that is what I'm struggling with. I have found a new original stock for $45 I think im going to buy it and can decide then and resale if I decide not to, I'm not positive this stock is original either or if the trigger guard is either if you look there is another mounting hole in front of the trigger.

I have a Cricket that my sons learned on ... pretty good quality ... Waiting for the grandson to be ready.... grandson is only up to a bb gun so far

I have an old single shot of my grandfathers which is very special to me ....

Dan

Back