New Mill

Gliden07

Well I bit the Bullet and finally ordered my mill!! Bought the G0704 was on a Black Friday special a little better than $1400 delivered to me. Now I'm gonna need all the extras for it! Good and bad, now I have to buy more tools to use the tool I bought!! It never ends!! LOL!!

Do you get a set of collets, t-nuts & studs. Anything??? You will have fun with that. A indicator would be a good start. A drill chuck. A vise is a must. Enjoy,,,

I have hold downs, an indicator so far, need a vice, collets and some milling bits, for sure then a chuck I still have my drill press so not super important yet.

Get 2 pieces of brass. One pc about 1" dia and the other about 1/4" dia. When you put a endmill into a collet tap it true. Put a chisel point on one end of the 1/4" rod. Use the 1" as a trapper. Don't ever think that just because it is in a collet it will run true. That will save you a lot of money in chopped and broken EM's. Again,,,, have fun.

1" dia about 3" long.
1/4" dia about 5" long.

Last edited:
Milling machine came into my work today. I managed to get the cabinet home but the machine is still at work. No way to get it off my truck with no notice! I'm gonna build a couple extended legs for cabinet so I can stabilize the mill better while adding the ability to add weight down low to help stabilize it. 340ish pounds up top!! Makes it kinda trippy!

Back