New HHH makers mark. What do you guys think?

:) We got this thing dialed in and making some really nice marks! Thank you again brother!

This is a 10" Chef blade, and I used the pic with the lighter in it for scale.. lol

Randy,
That is a great looking stencil you have there! for anyone else in knife Dogland
In my experience, The D.C. on the Marker's mark gives you the deep cutting and the A.C. gives the Blackening.
So a battery charger should be putting out DC only as far as I know.

As you mentioned the Store bought solution isn't necessary. I've also used plain table salt in water.
Which is what I guess you are using? My marks are on mostly 440C & S35VN Stainless Steels with excellent results.

Laurence
www.rhinoknives.com/

My pleasure Randy-- had a great time last night. Thanks for the fellowship and teaching session. I walked away with not only a kickbutt knife , but also with a better understanding of the process and finesse it takes to create the pieces you do.
I cant wait to finish a complete piece by myself and get it to you for critique. Hope I make you proud brother!!.. Of course I have to wait for my new toys to arrive!!!!:happy:

Looking forward to seeing what Jr comes up with for the other project.

Thanks Dan, I feel very blessed to be a part of such a great forum, as well as Im amazed at how God orchestrates things!!! Its so cool! How he puts things together that I could not make happen even if I tried, Yet He makes stuff like this happen and seems to always have the right people in place and connecting the dots.. till the big pics becomes a little clearer. :D God is GOOD!

Counting my blessing
Randy
I am so used to Facebook these days... I was looking for the "LIKE" button on this post... :D

Looks good! When you stamp cherry red steel your stamp eventually loses its temper. A good stamp in a 12 ton press will stamp annealed cold steel all day long.

I think its ugly and every knife that has it should be sent to me for prompt removal! Don't worry Randy, I'll send the knives back....really I will....

Just working on some knives and got to use the new mark. Its working better then I ever expected!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Damasteel Gyuto WIP 016.jpg
    Damasteel Gyuto WIP 016.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Damasteel Gyuto WIP 020.jpg
    Damasteel Gyuto WIP 020.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
Back