New, from Missouri.

Hey guys, just figured I'd check in and introduce myself. I'm from the Kansas City area and have been lurking for quite some time and finally decided not long ago to join the forum. I've had a desire to learn knife making for a long time, but no idea how to get started. The internet sure makes things easier and I know I will need the resources available here to get started. I've not built any yet, but have done a kit knife (scaled) with a friend that is also getting started in this. I'm just going to jump in. I've worked with my hands for years on various things so I'm confident I will be able to develop the skills. Nice to meet you guys!

Gavin

Welcome to KD, Missouri . You have come to the right place if you want to learn knifemaking ...... Bubba

Welcome. The internet can be a double edged sword when it comes to learning. Lots of opinions, superstitions, and ignorance to sift through. Hands on experience is the best teacher, although this forum in particular has a wealth of knowledge. Good luck and, most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I am quite familiar with the wisdom of the interwebs! That's why I figured a place like this would be a good idea. And yes, this hobby/art form/addiction is fun. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome on board! Check out the WIP section here and then the American Bladesmith's Society YouTube channel, between them you will be well covered with Good internet based information.

Back