New build leather sheath

D.Douglas

Well i finished up the sheath for my new build. Here are a few pics. A few little minor flaws that i will note. I always seem to get to much glue on the bottom part of the belt loop and it wont take the stain. I also have been using a red pen to mark the position for glue up.It still bleeds through the stain occasionally. From now on just enough glue to hold the belt loop in position for stitch up and a very hard lead pencil for any alignment marks i might need to make. Thanks for looking and let me know if there are any tips for these problems.

Attachments

• sheath 002.jpg
    sheath 002.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 53
  • sheath 003.jpg
    sheath 003.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 53
  • sheath 006.jpg
    sheath 006.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 50
Looks pretty good to me! As for the glue on the belt loop--that can happen pretty easily. Try putting a coat of dye under where the belt loop will be glued before gluing, just in case ;)

By the way, your belts are next in line after the sheath I'm currently doing, but I may have to order a new piece of leather to do it, which would put it off until next week, but I'm still hoping to be able to get them to you before Blade

Hey Noah sounds great. I cant believe i didn't think of that little trick. Of course just dab a little dye on it before glue up. Thanks you the man!

I do see one major flaw . You need to call My friend dennis paish and get a leather stamp. He makes really nice stamps for 75 bucks plus shipping .

flaws or no flaws thats a nice looking sheath! good lookin blade as well...awesome work!

I hear you hell gap.He will be hearing from me soon. Got Rock working on that now. Patrick and Doug thank you.

If your using contact cement you can use an eraser to roll it off when it get about dry. Kinda hard to get in the tight corners but its a good trick where you can.

Back