Nem slip joint

JTClark

New slip joint

I’ve been wanting to do a slip joint for some time and I recently got caught up on some other things, so I decided to give it a try. This is the second one I completed, the first... well, lets call that one and experiment. This one has a 3” blade, stainless liners and stainless bolsters with green micarta scales, it is kind of a down sized folding hunter pattern. Since I planed on this one riding with me I used 1084 for the blade and spring because it was cheap and handy at the time. I also had to down size my logo.
Comments are encouraged, I thought it turned out well, but I was wanting others’ opinions.
Thanks
Jason

Attachments

• slippy 1.jpg
    slippy 1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 150
  • slippy 2.jpg
    slippy 2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Jason, I have never made one but i think it looks real nice. I would love to snap it open and closed a few times that would tell me plenty.

Jason It looks like a nice hunter to me.
A nice hard working knife. how tall is the blade and your makers mark, I still need to come up with a design and size for a logo.
Keep up the great work.

Jason It looks like a nice hunter to me.
A nice hard working knife. how tall is the blade and your makers mark, I still need to come up with a design and size for a logo.
Keep up the great work.

The blade is 3/4" from spine to edge and my mark is 3/8" tall. I have a larger mark for larger blades, but I had to resize it for smaller knives. I went ahead a got a stencil making kit and started making my on stencils, mostly because from time to time customer's will want a name or something on a blade. I also bought some logo making software, between the two I can come up with a lot of stuff, however I usually ruin 3 out of every 4 stencils I try to make.

Sorry for the mis-spelled word in the title... I know that makes me look sharp :(

Thanks
Jason

Great job Jason! They are not easy but they are addicting! I just about wanted to pull my hair out but I can't wait to start on my second one. Very nice knife. Keep it up!

I like it! Did you model that after a particular pattern or sort of figure it out? I'm plotting my first slippy project right now.

Back