Name this Folder Contest!

I've been thinking about this with no real answer. Your description immediately made me think "Split Tail", but that didn't really sound right to me. Then sitting here thinking tonight as I couldn't sllep I decided to do a little research into Chattanooga in order to relate a name more personally to you and your home town. When I did the google search for "Chattanooga, Tn", the first thing to come up was a map and the first thing I noticed was "Ridgeside" in bold print. Ridgeside would be a good name for a knife, but it sounded too familiar, so the search continued.

I did a search for local tourist attractions. When I searched for attractions in the lookout areas I came across information on the "Cravens House", the home of Robert Craves. As you know this is a historical monument which was used by both Union and Confederate armies as a lookout point during the Civil War. Cravens' charcoal iron works was a driving force of the early economy of Chattanooga.

Of course, ince I read of Cravens' iron production I knew I had to relate this to a name. I decided I like the name "Craven". The deffinition of craven being "defeated, lacking courage". This would imply that a knife by such a name would strike fear into its' opponent, rather it be an advesary or object to be cut.

So, my nomination for the name is the Haney "Craven".

Now we are talking!Great names & reasons for the names!

This is going to be difficult to pick a winner,They all are well thought out ideas!;)

Choosing names can be a immediate thought,Or it can take some research.

This design will have a special meaning to me since the name will come from my Knifedogs brothers!:D

Thanks everyone so far to all your ideas!

"SMOKE" Ya know...for Ole Smokey...UT...Go Vols! The split looks like a V. Just put some orange G-10 on it and it's all good.2thumbs

The first thing I said when I saw it was...Holey Moley! :eek: Simply because it looks like it has a lot of holes in the handle & clip on the finished design.

I know you said you preferred non military names, but I can't get out of my mind the images that come to mind when looking at your knife. I say, Raptor or Nighthawk. Both stealth fighters.
Here is an image that shows similar lines.

images.jpg

rick, maybe you have already gave this knife a name and don't know it.
Look at your avatar and T shirt design ATTITUDE That little knife does have and attitude look about it, and you can give a shirt away with every purchase.

Rock,I see You are having fun with this name thing!

This design could be targeted to the female persuation too,We need more ladies carrying knives!Just a design thought.:D

Back