My Knife New Years Resolution - What is yours?

I'm not sure anyone makes New Years resolutions anymore. I sure don't but I'm going to make one this year.
I am going to make slippies this year. Lot's and lot's of slippies. I've never made one past a crude, unfinished prototype but this year I am going to spank knock some out...:yes:

What will your knife New Years resolution be?

Tracy, you won't be able toquit making slipjoints.

If I can help let me know.

Mine is to stay focused on building and actually completing my knives, and keep it simple to a handful of designs... I have a problem the short time I've been making to grind out all sorts of different designs and never completing anything, lose interest in the design and move to another... Multitasking ?? hardly, more like a stretch of bench A.D.D.

My resolution is to slow down and not rush to get something done! It always seems like I'm rushing at the end of a build and all the hard work I put in is fouled up at the end because I want to see it done.

On the 2nd attempt, I got a spring and blade to fit in all three positions on my slippy and learned a lot about the geometry needed for these buggers.
The rest I think I can manage.

I want to try some friction folders and do some hidden tang knives. Plus, build me a grinder and a HT furnace.

I feel like I'm in the final scene of "Twister", and the tornado is the "vortex known as slipjoints", and, looking at my feet sticking straight up into the vortex, saying, "it's so beautiful" but then realizing I barely know how to make fixed blades, the vortex passes me by, and the day is sunny again....
I would like to take a walk on the wild side this year and make a hunter/tactical variant, and if I am really motivated, get my glass bead machine working and dull a few up.
Maybe a folder next year....

Back