Motivation?

I couldn't resist, Murph. I love that commercial. It took me 2 days to get the courage to post that.

Last edited:
Man O Man.
Murph, you da Man.
Denny, still laughing.
Folks, don't try this at home, your results Will vary!
Denis Leary "Life is Hard, Wear a Helmet"
Steady on Murph, My Best, Dozier

Thanks, Murph, no harm meant. You have to be the busiest guy I know. You don't get to see Nadine as often as you should and you still volunteer for every tough job KD throws at you. If I was running things I'd promote you to Sgt. Maj. in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
LOL, no worries Denny. I didn't read more into it than was there.

I can honestly say that I feel pretty confident that I could do my SGM's job right now (he's out processing for retirement :D ).

Last edited:
Being tired and being motivated are 2 different issues.

For me knifemaking is a the best job in the world, but sometimes it's still just a job. I haven't taken a day off in several months and there are a lot of things I would rather do that do out and fill the my skin with dirt somedays.

Being your own boss means not being your own buddy.

That being said you have to work smart and hard. If you are not feeling it, there are plenty of mindless jobs out there to do. Sweep the floor, make pocket clips, split wood, carry water, whatever.

When I am really tired (you know what I mean by really tired is not, "I had a fat lunch now I am sleepy.") Then I need to step back, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

I think I am gonna take a vacation, see you suckers later! :)

Denny is right.... :p

I was a lazy bum all weekend until last night. Last night I got off of my butt and went to the shop and cut out and profiled eight blades. This afternoon I went back to the shop and rough ground all eight blades plus two more and three of the Servicemember Build blades.

I got my motivation back!!!

This time of year its hard to get motivated. Its hard to not get burnt out on production work. For me its the most fun doing the creative one off job. When I have taken orders for things like 10 of the same item it took the fun out of it. Its something I will have to come to terms with at some point. On the good side doing the same cut (or in the case of knife making grind) over and over again can make one real good at it and free up the mind...

Back