Montana Travler neck knife

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Here is the first of 3 new knife designs we will be bringing to you knife knuts over the next few months.

This is the Montana Travler neck knife, Or MTN for short..

I chose the name for these knives "Travler" based on a awesome American horse breed that is a very unique. The Travler breed was developed and is well known for it's unmatched stamina and strength in the back country. Its a trusted and relied upon stallion. A true American work horse!

Heres a little food for thought and background on the Travler.

"Breed evolution: In the 1930s, mountain man Tom Eaton began combining the bloodlines of the Tennessee Walking Horse, Morgan Horse, American Saddlebred, Thoroughbred, and Hamiltonian in a search for "the perfect horse." By the early 1970s, his breeding resulted in an eye-catching, ground-covering chestnut stallion.

The Montana Travler has great heart depth, stamina, an excellent topline, sound conformation, strong feet, and a willing temperament. Travlers are narrow, but deep-chested, which enhances endurance. Because they were bred to travel mountain trails, pack, and cut and work cattle, the breed is surefooted and brave."The Montana Travler has great heart depth, stamina, an excellent topline, sound conformation, strong feet, and a willing temperament."

My new Montana Travler knives are my work horse knives. I have a feeling they will live up to there name sake, and become known as a trusted and reliable tool and work horse!

These will be offered in HHH Damascus, 1095, and AEBL. I will also offer a limited number of K390, Elmax, CPM, etc.

Thanks guys for checking out the post and your input is welcomed.

Specs, OAL 6"
HHH firestorm pattern damascus
Kydex sheath. with "Talon" carry system.

Attachments

• Million layer take 2 240 (640x427).jpg
    Million layer take 2 240 (640x427).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Million layer take 2 242 (640x427).jpg
    Million layer take 2 242 (640x427).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Million layer take 2 249 (640x427).jpg
    Million layer take 2 249 (640x427).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Million layer take 2 250 (640x427).jpg
    Million layer take 2 250 (640x427).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 60
Looks like a very handy design and I dig your steel choices. Are the handles CNC'd with your logo? That's pretty cool.

Thanks guys. Im pretty excited about this line of knives. The folder which is to follow right behind these is awesome! Then a fixed blade Travler will be rounding out the series!

God Bless
Randy

Thanks Brad. I didnt set out to do this. I was designing the knife and it just sort of happened. So I refined the design a little and BLAM it was 3 HHH's I think its pretty coll. But the theme does not follow into the folder and fixed blade. :( YET.. :)

Clean design. The 1095 quench might get interesting with the increased surface area.

So far I have had no problems. I heat treated a dozen of these in 1095 without issue. :) But I did have similar concern. Yet am happy to report. everything and everyone of them was Heat treated without incident..

Looks like clean, comfortable, carryable and concealable!

Any idea of the price for a 1095 model yet?

You never stop amazing me with your ability too look into the steel and see what God intends to come out of it. Not only do you see (imagine) great designs, your execution is flawless. I am a fan.

Randy
I grin every time I look at these. You have come up with a great design and a huge Marketing tool at the same time!
Great Idea and very nicely execuited!

God Bless
Mike

Back