Midwest Knifemaker’s Guild Hammer-In 2023

Bühlmann

So I get this email advertising that tickets are on sale for this event. Cool. But there is zero information presented in the email or the linked website that outlines any kind of itinerary, schedule, presenters (except Nick Rossi), events, or any other meaningful information. If I were organizing an event and selling $75 tickets to attend a multi-day event I’d at least have a schedule of planned events/classes/demos to provide in hopes of attracting attendees. Can anyone add anything?

I’ve never been to a hammer-in, so I wouldn’t know what to or what not to bring, what to expect, or any other protocols that may prevent me from being embarrassed or disappointed. Seems that there are some basic things that would be nice to know before committing a weekend of my time, plus several hundred dollars and 12+ hours of driving to an event like this. Are my expectations too high in thinking this way?

I’m not complaining, but rather looking for reasons to attend. Thanks for any added info you can provide.

Apologize for the confusion on this. The Midwest Knifemakers Guild will have the itinerary posted in the next day or two and I will post link in this thread as well ASAP.

So I get this email advertising that tickets are on sale for this event. Cool. But there is zero information presented in the email or the linked website that outlines any kind of itinerary, schedule, presenters (except Nick Rossi), events, or any other meaningful information. If I were organizing an event and selling $75 tickets to attend a multi-day event I’d at least have a schedule of planned events/classes/demos to provide in hopes of attracting attendees. Can anyone add anything?

I’ve never been to a hammer-in, so I wouldn’t know what to or what not to bring, what to expect, or any other protocols that may prevent me from being embarrassed or disappointed. Seems that there are some basic things that would be nice to know before committing a weekend of my time, plus several hundred dollars and 12+ hours of driving to an event like this. Are my expectations too high in thinking this way?

I’m not complaining, but rather looking for reasons to attend. Thanks for any added info you can provide.
Only thing I can really recommend to bring is maybe a pair of safety glasses. If you want to watch closely what someone is working on sometimes it puts you close to flying stuff you don’t want in your eyes.

Back