Marking a coated blade?

Gahagan

Ok I am working on a prototype blade that I will be giving to my half brother for graduating basic training. I am going to coat it with ceracote but do not know how to put my mark on it if I do. Is there anyone that can suggest something?

Did you go to the Ceracote or other same type of coatings websites and see if you can get a idea there? I know that there is a way for gun Mfger's etc to use those and put information/Logos on it.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I went to there site but it is difficult to navigate. I am not buying two colors at $50 each just to get a mark either. If there is another way I would like to know it.

I am sure there is more than one way. I have seen some use a reverse stencil made out of a masking tape type material.
This was done on a Stainless, If you do it on a carbon steel you won't have the protection there.
Search utube for videos of marking with this stuff and see if anything comes up? I know there are videos there about how to apply these coatings on utube.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I am no pro, but what i do is etch my maker's mark really deep then cerakote over it. Cerakote calls for a thin application and if you etch your mark deep enough it will still be visible.

My stamp wont be done for another 10 days and it needs to be done by then or I would stamp it.

Back