Making something for your lady that isn't a knife

Very nice.

Well I got something done for mine. I finished it this morning so I may not be able to post pics until after Christmas.

Well done, Cliff !! I will be looking for it after Xmasor whenever. I'll bet she will be surprised and pleased. I am at one of my daughter's homes. I gave her one made out of meteorite. She sure thought that was great !!! She already has a couple made from mammoth ivory that I gave her. Frank

Meteorite, cool! 2thumbs

Just a teaser, the one I just made involves some mammoth ivory bark(found a scrap with some blue in it), a piece of scrap stainless, and some sterling silver.

My son and I finished it this morning and I ground some blades getting ready for a heat treat. Now we're just messing around the house listening to Christmas music and going to my Mom's here in a little while so I can't get a pic without her seeing me.

Merry Christmas!

Here's a couple I made, they are abalone inlays and silver wire inlays. Dark one is ebony and the red one is padauk. Hope you like them. Dan
pendants.jpg

These are very nice Dan.

Thank you Mr Bump. I started making these when practicing inlays "to see if I could".
They are very lightweight too. Dan

Truthfully, all I do is to take a piece of material too small to use in a folder and TRY to give it an interesting shape. Because it will make body contact I give it a smooth finish. Frank

I did some scrimshaw practice last night and came up with this for the missus. Didn't come out too bad for my first try at scrimshaw. I used some ivory paper micarta from a handle that I stuffed up. Now she is talking about me making some scrimmed ear rings for her.

frog.jpg

I made the earrings in the picture for my older daughter for this Christmas. She and I had discussed the design back in September so she knew she was getting them, but she was still surprised. They are copper/nickel silver mokume that I patterned and forged down, and sterling rings and ear wires.

I had talked about making a set for my younger daughter, but she never got excited about mokume. Then she saw her sister's earrings and things changed. I'll be making a pair for her in the near future. Now if I could get her to be my jewelry model. . .

I've made several pendants from mokume, damascus, and Timascus, all for sale. Crosses have been the most popular. I like making things like this now and then as a break from knives and pens.

David

Attachments

• Amanda'sEarrings.jpg
    Amanda'sEarrings.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi David. I'll first say welcome to the Knife Dogs although you may have been here longer than me. Those are real classy and very original !!! I could see a lot of my ladies wanting some like those. Frank

Wife's Christmas present

Finally getting around to posting a picture, here is what I came up with for my lady. Stainless steel pennant with mammoth ivory bark inlay and some wood and sterling silver beads. Some stuff I scrounged up in the shop.
DSCN1949.jpg

I have been thinking the same thing. Terrible pic, but I just did this simple little pendant for my wife for Christmas with some scrap stainless damascus. I don't know if she really likes it or not, but she says she does. That's my grubby hand, btw, not hers...

IMG_1708.jpg

Back