Makers mark opinion

Justin,
That looks clean.
Believe me, you will have enough halo, bleeding etc on it without starting with distressed lettering. LOL

If you just want "Presson" use, to be your mark,brand Logo that's fine, There is Buck knives, Strider knives etc just for examples. I liked the Rhino to be my center piece and others have chosen animals. People have Dark Tree Forge and all kinds of brands.

Ok....final two I honestly can't decide
I feel like I have drug this out but I keep tweaking it.

ba8uzava.jpg

Justin,
My two cents is that USA is becoming more of a factor. People are getting tired of the stuff from you know where and mom & apple are are coming back in fashion!

J.Presson
--------------
USA
Gets my vote!

"The Late Bob Loveless said, Put your full name & town....."

He also like etching naked women on his knives.....meh....(don't get me wrong, yes he's a legend. also human....I always thought the naked gals was tacky. Yes I understand knives are curvy things...)

I like number 3. It almost has a double meaning. It feels like encouragement for our country...."Press On USA!!"

I also just like seeing things made in our country.

But honestly, I think all of 'em are classy.

Here is what I decided on got the stencil s from Ernie today and tried them out. Love the mark and can tell Ernie ' s stencil s seem great I think my technique and solution can use some work.
Overall feels pretty good to be able to put my name on something I have worked hard on.
Here are a few pics I had to go back and lightly sand over them.

When does every one put there mark on before final glue up or after?

yqa8ame7.jpg

behazasy.jpg

y5yny6eh.jpg

The black close to the handle was there before.

Justin,
I like they way the first one came out. Looks solid and has a image of PRIDE!

I would also like to compliment how you did the Palm swell pinky area contour of the handle that looks like possibly Red Heart wood?

The very last thing I do after final sharpening is my logo and then I'm done.

Back