Maker Mark

My Etching Logo

This is the one I use for now on stock removal blades. I need a new one.
I have two stamps that I use on forged blades. I'll edit when I can take pics of them. Warning....I'm really slow at producing pics. :rolleyes: .... or anything else for that matter.

RudyLogo.jpg

these are my marks the first is the warriors cross from the 800's and then my name .
DSC01873.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

Like that Clint. Now we need more. Come on everyone we have more makers here than this. Think of it this way. If we can get all makers to post their mark if some one is looking through them and finds the one they are looking for that might mean more business for you. This could become a sticky if we get everyone posting.

Last edited:
I'll get a close up posted later but this one shows up pretty good.

CarterKnives7.jpg

Edited to add close ups:

Stamp1.jpg

Stamp2.jpg

Last edited:
My mark is in two stamps: Wayne and Coe.
I made it in Machine Shop class at Appalachian College in Jasper, Georgia. A graphite "original" was made on the CNC milling machine, then cut in D2 on the EDM (electric discharge machine). It was originally all 9 letters in one stamp but I found that to many letters to stamp all at once. I then cut into two stamps. I now use the press to imprint deeply on my work. Many blacksmiths use "touch marks". I feel that it is important to use your complete name. After all, someone might want to find you and get you to make something for them. I notice that knife makers more usually use their names.

Last edited:
I am so low tech it ain't funny.... Mine is an engraved d and f joined together.... I think it is visible.

Attachments

• ser 355.JPG
    ser 355.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 37
I used my signature for my mark. Got a stamp made for it. I think it makes it a bit more personal when I have "signed" my blades.

naturalg10.jpg

-for now

I plan on changing it slightly for 2010, IMG did the first one, who is a good alternative to consider for a re-do?

Attachments

• Parawrap knife 001.jpg
    Parawrap knife 001.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 27
Back