Loose interpretation of a Scagel

cote

My loose interpretation of a Scagel , I had this nice crown stag I was saving for a special knife & I cant think of a better style of knife to use it on (( : The blade is 4" 1/2" CPM D2 it has an overall length of just over 10" I still need to put an edge on her....after the leatherwork is done, your comments are welcomed.

Thanks for looking,

Attachments

• Scagel 1 (600 x 456).jpg
    Scagel 1 (600 x 456).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Scagel 2 (600 x 456).jpg
    Scagel 2 (600 x 456).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Scagel 3 (600 x 456).jpg
    Scagel 3 (600 x 456).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Scagel 4 (600 x 456).jpg
    Scagel 4 (600 x 456).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 54
Thank you both, I can understand why this style can be so addictive it was alot of fun to make.

Thanks again guys and to Mr. Scagel for leaving us his unik style for us to imitate. (( :

Last edited:
I love It. A beautiful interpretation of a Scagel hunter. Bright and clean work throughout and that guard is gorgeous.

I love It. A beautiful interpretation of a Scagel hunter. Bright and clean work throughout and that guard is gorgeous.

Thanks again guys & Bruce I remember seeing one of your how to threads and you showed us how you made your guards so... I have you to thank for that piece of knifemaking knowledge (( :

Happy to play a small part. The flared or blended guard isnt easy but I think the extra few hours of work it takes is defiantly worthwhile.
Thanks again guys & Bruce I remember seeing one of your how to threads and you showed us how you made your guards so... I have you to thank for that piece of knifemaking knowledge (( :

Back