Longhunters Belt Knife

nthe10ring

One of my latest forged from some of Aldo's 1084 with an overall length of 9 1/2 inches and a blade length of 5 . The blade features and aggressively etched patina and holds a fine edge. Very sharp! The handle is octagon to round from some of the offcuts of a past rifle build and has great color and warmth. I forged and drift fit the solid copper ferrule and complimented it with an inlet butt cap also of copper . Both have a beaten surface with a nice plum color.
To compliment the nature of this knife I fabricated a standing center seam sheath. The sheath consist of a veg-tanned cowhide liner with pigskin outer, topped off with a scalloped skirt with twisted fringe accented with subtle traces of reds and dark browns. The belt attachment will accommodate a sash or belt to 3 inches.

Hope you enjoy!

Jerry Fisher

100_5144.jpg

100_5093.jpg

100_5198.jpg

100_5090.jpg

That is some great work on both the knife and the sheath, Jerry. Was that center seam sheath as hard to make as it looks?

thanks guys, appreciate the kind comments. Denny,the center seam is not hard to do, it just take a little more time. The key is getting the seam lined up right. I use some small clamps to work in into place and get it lined up nice and tight against the sheath liner before sewing.

Regards
Jerry Fisher

Back