lockback tutorials

Travis Fry

I've got a thing for lockbacks. I've read the one tutorial i can find (the one by Neil Charity) and it's pretty good, but I was wondering if there were others. I like to get various perspectives if i can. Even book suggestions would be helpful, or any other resources for making lockbacks that anyone can suggest. I plan to make my first soon--a front lock that I drew up yesterday.

I apologize for resurrecting this old thread, but I was curious if anyone else had feedback on the book recommended above, "The lockback folding knife" (from Design to Completion).

I apologize for resurrecting this old thread, but I was curious if anyone else had feedback on the book recommended above, "The lockback folding knife" (from Design to Completion).

Knife World Books has a good mini-review of it on their site. I'll have my copy in a few days - can let you know what I think then if you'd like.

The OP responded to a PM I sent him asking the same and it sounds like this book is well worth the money. I'd also be interested in your opinions once you read it though.

As of tonight schifferbooks does not have it ,however amazon has at the best price...$19.79

Luckily, I ordered mine from Amazon yesterday morning and it has already shipped. I'll respond back with my thoughts once it arrives.

Back