Little Ironwood beauty w/ filework and texturing...

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Here's a small hunter/utility that I just finished. I've had this blade done and sitting on the bench for a LONG time now. I had a very small window with a bit of downtime between other projects and commissions so I thought I'd finish it up. This is nice and thin and ground to match. It features a thin edge and is a real slicer.

Specs:
Ground from 1095 steel, clay quenched and etched
7 1/2" overall with a 3 1/4" blade, just shy of 3" of actual sharp edge, .120" thick at the ricasso
Nice distal taper
My "Twisted Steel" filework left slightly proud of the handle scales (feels great in hand)
Premium Desert Ironwood scales
Carved and textured scale panels
Gold plated screws (and 6 hidden pins for shear strength and proper alignment

All comments and discussion welcome and encouraged. :)

Thank you guys, again. I really appreciate it.

I'd be proud to have that in my collection! Well thought out and executed.

Duncan, it could be in your collection if you wanted it to be. :) ;) Thanks for the comment.

If anyone would like to be added to my email list for notice of available knives, like this one, please feel free to email me at:

jdoyleknives AT gmail DOT com

Mr. Doyle

You make some of the cleanest knives on KD. They just go together so very well. This one the handle, the hamon, the filing just flows front to back. It is a beautiful example of your work.

DeMo

Very nice! Love all your work. The fit and finish is phenomenal. The textured handles are different, but I love it. The filework really compliments the knife. The hamon turned out great as well

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I thought the knife was really clean until I saw the file work ....then I fell in love haha. That pieca came together amazing man!

an armed society is a polite society

Back