Linerless Folder Question?

I'm going to make a linerless folder with micarta handles that will be milled out. Question, I have is: Should I use the phos. bronze bearing in the blade or go without the bearing?
Thanks,
oldgrinder

Mixed reviews on this. Some do, some don't. You would be suprised at the pros or well known makers that don't. Personally, I think it it works fine either way.

Mixed reviews on this. Some do, some don't. You would be suprised at the pros or well known makers that don't. Personally, I think it it works fine either way.

Thanks John, I'll do two. One with the bearing and without the bearing and see which one I like the best.
Alvin/oldgrinder

Make three and send me one. I love to field test things for a few years.

Eric
....just trying to do my part to help out.

I agree. Tony Bose uses them, but Reese Bose dosent. I think Bruce Bump uses them too. Todd Davison told me he used them on a couple of hundred of his and then switched back to just pins. Do some research and decide what you want to use. There are pros and cons both ways.

Back