Latest caper with some nice rosewood

Justin Presson

Just shipped this out to a guy this morning.
Another caper I know right....but people like them so I keep making them.
I tried to dye the sheath to match the handle what do you guys think? I kind of like it but didn't know if it was to much.

O1 steel heat treated by Darrin Sanders
Rosewood handle
Nickel silver pins

266e9731fe69e8cae2c74a0f090bba40.jpg

d28493fee95af2af5929ff1bd707018f.jpg

c0fe4154231ca13b6b09327649c22c7d.jpg

26cc961c16275ab61ba04a74358ca129.jpg

Thanks for looking comments welcomed good or bad.
Justin

That's a great job on both the knife and the sheath. The surface of the sheath does sort of imitate a burl wood and matches the color of the handle well.

Doug

Very nice. I love the Rosewood. The sheath rocks. How'd you get the finish on the sheath?

Don

Thank you all for the nice comments!
DBAR I dyed it the lighter color first then let it set a bit then went over it with the darker stain in the random pattern with a small dobber. It kind of just worked out better than I thought I probably couldn't do it again if I tried..lol

I like the knife, personally the thumb area is something I really don't care for! I would like it more if it were straight across or maybe raised slightly and some file work in that area for grip! However that is probably more personal preference than anything!

Now that sheath that is an awesome effect!
bow.gif

Justin,

Great job, man but you have got to stop posting on New To Knifemaking. You are a Pro, man.

Wallace

Thank you all very much. The customer I sent it to was very happy with it and said it looked even better in person so that was a good feeling.

Back