Kudu

Wade Hougham

A customer of mine went to Africa on a hunt and brought back some Kudu leg bones and asked me to do something with them. He left it totaly up to me, his only request was to use as much of the bones as possible and to make a matching set.
Here they are 7" dodge leaf spring blades with 12" Kudu leg bones.
Any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• Jess Kudu 014.jpg
    Jess Kudu 014.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 45
Very, very nice...something very Tribal about using bones with a history.....
Makes me want to build a big fire!!

Very, very nice...something very Tribal about using bones with a history.....
Makes me want to build a big fire!!
Thanks Randy,
My father married a full blood Shoshone lady, after him and mom split. She said "white man builds a big camp fire and then backs away from it. Indian builds a small camp fire and snuggles up next to it".
Just thought I would share.:biggrin:
Wade

Those are awesome Wade- that is going to be one happy customer- a hunt of a lifetime preserved in tribal art- way to go.

"white man builds a big camp fire and then backs away from it. Indian builds a small camp fire and snuggles up next to it"

That's great thinking...and true...I'm part Injun and part Euro, so I'll build a big fire with little smoke.....

Ausbrooks, Thanks for the reply. We sure do have a fun way of earning a few bucks. I wouldn't change it for anything.
Randy,:red_indian::thumbup:

You can sure see a native American influence on the African Kudu bone. Seems fitting to me. I am part Choctaw and part Cherokee and part English. I look white but I hunt and fish like a Native American.

Troy, Thanks for the "Kudos on the Kudu". :smile:

Cal, Thanks for the comment. I would like to hunt and fish with you some day. After seeing the whitetail mount, in one of your post, you must have the Native American style down pretty good. :thumbup:

Wade

Back