Knife Number Seven

Lee B

This is my seventh knife. It is a Caping or Bird and Trout knife. Blade length is 3 1/2" and overall length is 7 1/8". Steel is O1. The handle, as requested by the customer, is stabilized spalted Tamarind.

Lee

IMG_0908.jpgIMG_0911.jpgIMG_0912.jpg

Keith,

Thank you for your comments.

The handle started out as a 1"x 1 1/2"x 5" block. I prefer to work with 3/8" scales, but you're right, I should have thinned it down a little more. Part of the reason I went a little thicker was because I was worried I would lose even more of the wood's figure.

Lee

I'm with Keith. Good looking blade, scales can always come down till they feel good,
hard to add to them.
Impressive for #7 Lee.
Dozier

I agree with Keith. I like the knife, just a bit thick in the handle. It's also a preference thing. I've had customers ask me to make the handles thicker than usual especially when the new owner has large hands.
Keep it up!

Really cool knife. I think the handle is really cool. I like how different the sides are. one has a ton of figure and one side has a lightning bolt running through it. very cool knife. good work

Thanks for the comments. It has been delivered to the customer and he was very happy with it.

I have another one in progress with Thuya burl as the handle material and a satin finished blade that I'll post when completed. It should have been done a couple of days ago but our heat wave in the Pacific Northwest has made the garage a little too warm to work in.

Lee

Back