Knife for a Marine

Wade Hougham

I was contacted by the parents of a Marine to build a knife with a Marine Corps theme. The parents gave me a rasp that the father and son worked with when the Marine was younger and request that I use it for the blade. They also wanted his initials on the sheath and a dyed wood handle and when I sent them pics of this block they were all in. I came up with WW2 hat and lapel pins and used the lapel pins on the handle and my friend KT made the awesome one of kind sheath using the hat pin.

The blade is 6 7/8" from tip to bolster and the total length of the knife is 11 3/4". The handle is dyed and stabilized maple burl.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• Rick's Knife 003.jpg
    Rick's Knife 003.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Rick's Knife 008.jpg
    Rick's Knife 008.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Rick's Knife 010.jpg
    Rick's Knife 010.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Ricks Knife 001.jpg
    Ricks Knife 001.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Ricks Knife 002.jpg
    Ricks Knife 002.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 53
Wade beautiful job. I consider it a honor that you asked me to work with you on this. I have a Granddaughter who is a Sarg, In the Marines so I have a soft spot for the Marines. I like what you have done with this knife .He should be PROUD to carry it. Thanks Wade I know many, many years ago when I was in the 101st AB I would have been more than proud to carry a piece like that. Terry alias KT

Thanks for the replies.:001_smile::001_smile:
KT, I think we are all proud. And thank you for your part in making this come together.:clap::clap::clap:

Wade

A truly inspirational piece. Beautifully done by the Duo. Any Marine would be proud to wear a knife like this.

Great job, well done!

Back