Knife for a Co-Worker

Bailey Knives

This is for the 7th grade science teacher where I teach. He wanted a knife specifically to go through the pelvic bone of a deer. I made this one out of 1/4" 1095 steel. When I make a knife, I put a 2x4 in a vice and jab the tip of the knife in, then crank it from side to side to make sure the tip holds. I missed the 2x4 on one of the jabs (Hard stab downwards) and stuck the knife into the vise top. I left it there long enough to run and get my camera. Here are the pics, plus the finished knife.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 141
It is just epoxy that squishes out when I clamp the handle slabs down. When I sand it off, it looks like that.

Thanks everyone.

Very nice and creative design! I love everything about it!

Now, to the vise. Looks like you missed one other time too....lol:D Now thats a good blade2thumbs

This teacher/co worker of your is about to get lucky.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Ummm, yeah, it wasnt the first time I missed, but it was the first time the knife stuck into the vise like that. It didnt even mar the tip at all. I couldnt resist taking a picture. I guess I need to improve my aim!

Ummm, yeah, it wasnt the first time I missed, but it was the first time the knife stuck into the vise like that. It didnt even mar the tip at all. I couldnt resist taking a picture. I guess I need to improve my aim!

That pic should be a poster for custom knife vs. wal-marto knife.
I love your sweeping grind lines, great looking knife.

Sean

Back