Knife # 2

Steven Long

I feel so proud of this one that I think it deserves its own thread. Sorry if you are looking at it twice.

Second knife completed!

3/16" 440-C
OAL: 7 3/4"
Blade Length: 3 1/4"
Green Canvas Micarta with Red Liners
Stainless Steel Loveless Bolts and Lanyard Tube

2013Progress010.jpg

2013Progress012.jpg

2013Progress013.jpg

2013Progress014.jpg

2013Progress017.jpg

2013Progress021.jpg

2013Progress023.jpg

First knife made on bottom and second one on top...
2013Progress029.jpg

Hope you like it. I'm going to sharpen it tomorrow and put it to use.

you should be proud of those knives , espicially being your firsts.. You'd laugh if you saw my first . Those are way more advanced then the ones I built in the beginning. Nice Job!

Thanks a bunch guys. I couldn't have done it without the help of all of you! Looking forward to the next one.

Great job, I do like the second better, design-wise!:35: Keep up the good work you are well on your way!

Man, those are way better than my firsts. I made 97 knives with my Craftsman 2x42, and I was a lot further than 2 blades in before I produced anything like those.

You guys are too kind. Thank you!

Travis, These are my first two knives completed but I have done multiple attempts before finally feeling one was good enough to follow through to finish. The perfectionist in me made it a long journey but well worth the wait. You deserve a big thank you, because I almost gave up until I came across your knives. I saw a few people using the Craftsman and a few of you suggested starting on one (including you) and saving up for a better one. So I went out and got one. My grinds at first looked HORRIBLE, and almost threw in the towel. But I would step back, look at your knives, and say to myself, there is hope. I never could imagine how such wonderful knives could made on such a demon of a machine. So, thank you Travis!

Very nice. Great Loveless color combination and influence. The green burns and yellows easily as has been discussed before and it looks like you did a great job at it. I wish my first two were this good.

Thanks Frank. I remembered seeing that in a thread recently and tried to take it slow. Towards the end, when the belt was getting worn, I did burn it in a few spots.

Back