Randy Lucius

Aldo's 1084
Triple Dyed Maple
White Liners
Nickel Silver Pins
Hidden Lanyard Mount

Overall Length 8 1/4
Cutting Edge 3 3/4

Being a new knife maker and seeing some of the other knives that have been submitted I'm a little nervous about entering mine. This is my first KITH. Hopefully whoever gets it won't be too disappointed. I still have some clean up work to do and I have a sheath for it. I'll try to post a pic of the sheath later.

P1e.jpg

P2e.jpg

P3e.jpg

P4e.jpg

There is nothing to be nervous about, that knife is awesome. I need to do more liners on my handles it really does add to the overall package. Well done.
Upon a second look the second picture of the handle reminds me of Van Gogh's "The Starry Night" painting.

There is nothing to be nervous about, that knife is awesome. I need to do more liners on my handles it really does add to the overall package. Well done.
Upon a second look the second picture of the handle reminds me of Van Gogh's "The Starry Night" painting.

Thanks Chris. I hadn't thought of it but it does look night "The Starry Night". Maybe that's what I'll call it.:). I really appreciate everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time!

That's a great knife! Well made, nice design, and beautiful material. I'd call that the whole package. I can guarantee you that no one would be disappointed to receive that knife. You do fine work.

Normally I am not a fan of overly dyed woods but that is a stunner with obvious quality of work to make it a very desirable knife.

Whoa that is beautiful. Was it difficult /scary to use the file for the jimping? I just bought a 20 tooth one. I tried to practice on a scrap piece of steel and had trouble, Maybe I am not giving enough pressure. I love the hidden lanyard mount. I am not sure how that works. Does the cord go in and around the pin?

Whoa that is beautiful. Was it difficult /scary to use the file for the jimping? I just bought a 20 tooth one. I tried to practice on a scrap piece of steel and had trouble, Maybe I am not giving enough pressure. I love the hidden lanyard mount. I am not sure how that works. Does the cord go in and around the pin?

I use a file guide to keep it straight and square to the spine. It's not hard to do but once you start keep going without lifting the file until you have your cut established. It makes it easier to "reengage" the file if you want to do a little deeper.

IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6616.jpg

The lanyard cord does go in around the pin. I've also done it this way too. With a cutout portion on the back of the blade.
I think I prefer it this way. You don't have to worry about matching up the holes in your scales to install the pin.

0014.jpg

Back