Kirinite Survival Skinner

IMG_3655.jpgIMG_3657.jpgIMG_3659.jpgIMG_3738.jpgIMG_3742.jpg

Blade: 440c, satin finish
Handle: Desert Camo Kirinite, black spacer, JP bolts
Sheath: Black Kydex with built in Ferro Rod; Paracord lanyard with glow in the dark cord end

Nice looking smaller knife. I love Kirinite and use i a fair amount.

Can you tell me more about The JP Bolts? They appear to have a Chainring bolt type head? I am looking for some bolts like that I can use for handles that are about 1/2"-1" thick.

Thanks Laurence. This was my first use of Kirinite. It's pretty cool stuff. The bolts have a rounded hex key head and they screw into a brass sleeve. I'd say they would probably work well on thicknesses up to an inch, especially if you plan on sinking the head into the handle. For thinner handles, like the one I used them on, you need to grind them down quite a bit. I found them from North Coast Knives at http://www.northcoastknives.com/northcoast_knives_Supplies2.htm

Thanks, I've been looking for someone to make the sleeves out of stainless to no Avail? BossDog, Are you listening? Hint Hint. I would rather buy domestically made ones from you with stainless sleeves. I think many others would like these for Survival, camp tacticool knives and folders.

Back