Ka-Bar Fighting knife

Gliden07

Question about this knife. I've only seen pictures and have never handled one. I have a customer that wants me to build one close to but with my custom twist? I know the handles are made from stacked leather. Is the handle round or oval. The pictures I've looked at show smal tapers on the front and rear but I can't tell if it's round or not!

The one I have (actual KA-Bar) is more oval and tapered like you mentioned. Kind of like this one

Attachments

• C37E6AA1-5319-42BE-92DE-9BF8E3D58010.jpeg
    C37E6AA1-5319-42BE-92DE-9BF8E3D58010.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 3
The one I have (actual KA-Bar) is more oval and tapered like you mentioned. Kind of like this one
Thanks!! I'm trying to figure how to make that handle with the dark spacers with the beveled edges without having to hand file everyone of them!

Get/cut/make a smaller black leather washer, or use some 1/8" black G10 or Micarta and make up a smaller washer to go in the leather stack?

MAN, the handle kit, including all the leather and spacers plus guard and pommel are like $7. Their guards are a little thin for my tastes but the rest is surely worth $7...
Probably gonna order a couple of the kits? Trying to figure out how to do the smaller sections where the Black spacers are?

Back