just joined also question about nwg plans

Buck

Hello All, I have just joined your blog and hope to learn alot form you all. I am reading over my NWKG plans just recieved (thanks) it calls for a 4x4 square pipe i am thinking this will be the base, however i saw a pic on you tube of a grinder that used what appears to be a 4-6" piece of channel iron will this cause me probs later on i.e. fit up, motor mating to step pulleys?

thanks in advance
Buck

Welcome to the pack.
I can't remember,but I think if you use the 4x6,you just need to allow for that extra 2''
Ask this in "Shop Talk" someone will have you an answer shortly.

God bless,Keith

No problem at all. Just go 4" high and 6" wide or the vertical columns may be a bit short.
T

Hello All, I have just joined your blog and hope to learn alot form you all. I am reading over my NWKG plans just recieved (thanks) it calls for a 4x4 square pipe i am thinking this will be the base, however i saw a pic on you tube of a grinder that used what appears to be a 4-6" piece of channel iron will this cause me probs later on i.e. fit up, motor mating to step pulleys?

thanks in advance
Buck

thanks still reading over plans just wanted to make sure i wouldn't run into trouble later hope to get frame cut out this week when i get it started i post pics

Back