It will cut and WoundSeal

opaul

We all do stupid stuff, right ;)?
I'm sure I do more than my share. I was showing my daughter how my most recent blade would cut through receipt paper. She said, "Dad you are going to slice your finger off one of these days".
Well the next day I went grocery shopping and after putting the food away, there on the table was a nice long flat piece of receipt paper. I grabbed it up, held it between index and thumb and started slicing away. On the last down stoke I misjudged and sliced the very tip of my thumb off. Nothing to panic about since it only sliced the tip about 1/4" in diameter. I didn't know that at first as I thought I had a slice cut. Problem was it wouldn't stop bleeding. I remembered I had some of that WoundSeal I keep in my EDC bag. Ended up working pretty good at stopping the bleeding.
My daughter said "I told you so". I hate when someone tells me that :). Here's the culprit in crime. (I'm actually blessed I didn't loose more.)

That looks sharp just laying in photo - I always feel so dumb when I cut myself thru sheer carelessness.

That WoundSeal sounds good stuff - I just ordered some to have on hand. As a knifemaker who's on Plavix I think it's a good idea to have around.

Last edited:
That looks sharp just laying in photo - I always feel so dumb when I cut myself thru sheer carelessness.
Yep and I'll have to admit this was just dumb carelessness. But I'm using it to tell my wife I can't wash dishes :)

Back