Intro from AZ

csiekman

Hello, I have been lurking for awhile and now it is time to jump in. My name is Chris and I have been working at forging for a few years with off and on progress. Recently, I designed and made (stock removal) a few prototypes of a tactical knife that was coated with flat black GunKote. Handle material was inspired by Bill Coye's work.
Steel is 1095 and 8 1/4" OAL. Blade is 3 3/4" from plunge to tip. Let me know what you think.

Tactical knives 006.jpg

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

• chris phone 002.jpg
    chris phone 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Chris Phone Photos 084.jpg
    Chris Phone Photos 084.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 11
  • chris phone 003.jpg
    chris phone 003.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Tactical knives 019.jpg
    Tactical knives 019.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the pack. Nice looking work. A fellow could find a heck of alot worse inspiration that our very B.C. Bill does some dang fine work. I have one of his Ridgeback models that I've been carrying for quite a while now.

Welcome to the Pack, Chris! I really like your stag handled knives. I'm a big fan of thick stag handled knives.

Cathy

Thank you, glad to be part of the KD pack.
Working on the larger version of the tactical. I was planning on trying a sand blasted finish with GunKote. Do you stamp your mark before or after? If so, do you cover it with tape or something else. Also, would it be better to HT before sand blasting?

Thanks,

Chris

Back