In the pile

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Having lost interest in making knives for a few months I finally got the urge to start making again. The desire to make sheaths hasn't come back very strong but I do plan on doing that next before I have to many knives needing them. The two longer blades are W-2. Can't remember what the shorter blade is. Two of the handles are masur birch and one is curly birch that Kip had sent me a few months ago. Nice wood, takes a stain or dye real well. All the fittings are bronze.

The knives are not 100% done. There being held together with the nut. I'll finish them up after I get the sheaths done.

IMG_4746.JPG

IMG_4748.JPG

Glad that you're back, Ray. Good looking knives!

:3: If you find something that gets you into the mood to make sheathes, please let me know.

Gary

Looking good Big Boy. I'm in kind of a "slump" myself. Working on an order for six for one customer. Taking forever. Just can't get motivated. I need something to re-kindle the fire.

Maybe when the weather cools down, I will get going full-bore again.

Robert

Looking good Big Boy. I'm in kind of a "slump" myself. Working on an order for six for one customer. Taking forever. Just can't get motivated. I need something to re-kindle the fire.

Maybe when the weather cools down, I will get going full-bore again.

Robert

Its been our usual mild summer. I just needed a break from the knives. I'm feeling more like my old self when it comes to knives. I think cooler temps will be a big help to you.

Making some headway on the sheaths.

Really great stuff Ray, as usual. It good to see you back at it.
I hope you decide to come to the OKCA show next spring, I don't now who would when all the awards if you don't!! : )

Looking good Raymond. I like the bronze treatment on this batch. Hard to see in the picture but it appears they have a nice wavy hamon too. Welcome back.

Looking good Raymond. I like the bronze treatment on this batch. Hard to see in the picture but it appears they have a nice wavy hamon too. Welcome back.

Bruce, The two W-2 blades have some pretty decent hamons however I had to try 4 or 5 times on the middle knife. After several failed attempts I did 3 thermal cycles and then normalized. I'm glad I didn't give up on the blade.

Ben, No awards so far this year. Are you going to the Washington Show in October? I'll be there. Its in Kelso this year.

Here I am on the sheaths, my usual non traditional non traditional style.

IMG_4759.JPG

Back