I thought this was a little odd. Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for taking the time to post here on Knife Dogs and answer some questions. This conversation has occurred on not just this forum....you may want to follow up with those you have contacted elsewhere and provide your list of references up front. It may save more of this in the future.

Good luck with your buisness,

BC

I might

Thank you Mr. Coye. I might do that, but since this is the 1st. time I have ever had any problems,,,,,who knows. I also have more references, but I choose the 1st. few,

I found your comments short sighted and rude. That is rather sad, for someone with several companies and from the "Big City, TulssssA."

Yes, Thank you for posting here David.

One problem with the way you are doing things is that you are asking people who put hard work, long hours, and lots of money into a knife and then send it to you for a review. There is no proof that they will get the knife back and that is a red flag for a spammer.

I have been emailing you back and forth and this is the first time I have seen any of the references.
I was going to check on them until you told me i am not the type of person you would like to do a review on.

The reason I made this thread is to help other knife makers out, I do not want to see a friend lose money over a scam.

I have heard about a lot of magazines doing reviews and they usually pay for the knife.

You also refused a deposit. Sounds fishy to me.

If you are legit, I hope you prosper and do many reviews.

Again thanks for posting.

Very kind of you Mr. Swanson. ´´IF´´ you make more then nine more, knives I hope you as well prosper.

Fair enough.

My comments were honest, flat-footed and not below the belt. If you took them to be rude, that certainly is your perogative.

Given the amount of scammers that are out there we're all a little goosey when someone comes looking for free knives. The response here could be used as an educational opportunity on how you may want to proceed with future communications. As you've already read for yourself, I wasn't the only one with reservations.

You've stated your case and defended yourself. If you would like to discuss this further with me, we'll need to find another venue other than this thread.

Thanks again,

BC

Last edited:
BTW, Mr. Coye, Free is a relative. ``If`` Blade mag or Tactical knife ask you for something, I am sure you would gladely give it, FREE.

Ok maybe not................ I cannot close the thread lol

If the mods deem it should be closed can one please?

BTW, Mr. Coye, Free is a relative. ``If`` Blade mag or Tactical knife ask you for something, I am sure you would gladely give it, FREE.

Mr. Bolton, you seem to be spoiling for a fight. Your mass emails have every earmark of being a scam. A free email account, an international address, vague promises of fame and presumably fortune after your article is published. You have been sending these out for some time and several knife makers have published them and they are identical with only a few minor changes. Now you step forward and call people out as being rude with an insulting and confrontational tone. If you are in fact, the real deal, now is the time to act like it. Keep in mind we have a very low threshold for nonsense here.

Mr Dave, Thank-you for posting here. As makers we receive many E-mails from people claiming to be what you are. All have been invited to come here and defend themselves. As far as I know you are the first to actually show up. I personally know Curt and Mark at Spartan Knives. We are members of the same guild. After talking with them next month I will get the facts and post them Good or Bad. Thanks for posting here you will probably get better responces because of this. By the way YES if Steve Shackleford from Blade ask for one of my knives he'd have it. The differance I know him.

Last edited:
Mr. Bolton, you seem to be spoiling for a fight. Your mass emails have every earmark of being a scam. A free email account, an international address, vague promises of fame and presumably fortune after your article is published. You have been sending these out for some time and several knife makers have published them and they are identical with only a few minor changes. Now you step forward and call people out as being rude with an insulting and confrontational tone. If you are in fact, the real deal, now is the time to act like it. Keep in mind we have a very low threshold for nonsense here.

Very well put Boss, You need to teach me to talk like you more!!;)

Mr. Mickley,

I am not spoiling/nor looking for a fight. I enjoy what I do, as the real deal. I am open to the fact, that I am NOT a knife maker. I have never had a problem in the past.

I make NO promises of any kind, only of a fair and honest review, and that it will appear in the magazine. I do promise a free magazine or two when your review appears.

I was unaware of any other published complaints. I would appreciate those threads, if you would be so kind. As for my comments, to quote Mr. Bill Coye, whose work I really did like. ´´ If you took them to be rude, that certainly is your prerogative.´´ I am here to defend myself, my name and magazine.

As for ´´ insulting and confrontational tone,´´ I would say no more then you sir. You worry about a knife, I am worried about a reputation and name. While I know, I´ll never be famous, I´d like to keep and honest and clean reputation. Which I can not write of my taxes as a writer comp or stolen/lost goods.

´´ If you are in fact, the real deal,´´ please review my references, then decide if you want to be reviewed by my magazine. As you are the big DOG, see what you can find. I have nothing to hide, and a a rather lot to gain.

I as well have low ´´threshold,´´ for nonsense as well. While I don´t use a grinder, I do work very hard.

David,

I copied your last email: i have replied, on the forum and to you as well. i like your work but you are NOT the type of person, i wish to review ordeal with. life to too short for people, such as yourself.
Not very professional David.

Well sir,

I could impune your professionalism, then see if you were rilied. I was honest about your work and your comments. Your work is amazing, full stop, your comments were not. You are not a person I wish to review, NOT the work. But, since they are tire together. I am sure, with your talent and professionalism; you´ll gain great fame and fortune.

David, This is a Quote from your original email to me, this is also in my first post in this thread.

As for the particulars, we would need a sample in a month or so, if that fits your production schedule. As for returning the knife and sheath, this depends on the knife maker, the magazine editor and myself.

1. If your policy is to have the sample returned, we will return the sample.

2. If you charge for the sample, as Cold Steel does, depending the price, the magazine or myself will pay.

Ok now I simply replied that as soon as I receive payment I would send a knife.

Then you said that you nor the magazine purchases any of the knives?
Sound to me like #2 says it would be bought.

That is not very professional to twist your own words around.

One of the last emails I sent you, I stated that I would be happy to send you a knife after I receive a deposit and the deposit would be returned when I get the knife back in 100% perfect condition.

Now you are email me this

i have replied, on the forum and to you as well. i like your work but you are NOT the type of person, i wish to review ordeal with. life to too short for people, such as yourself.

You also made a comment about me only making 9 knives so far above and in an email you put me down for only making 9, saying I pretty much do not matter anyway because I am not much of a maker.

Well I am sorry, I might not be... but I try and everyone has to start somewhere, I know my knives are not the best or even close to the best. I do not make it seem like they are, or at least I don't mean to. I have a lot to learn and experience and I can only do that by making knives.

Mr. swanson,

You were contacted because I liked you work, the magazine liked your work. a ´´returned when I get the knife back in 100% perfect condition.´´ A 100% condition sir, means no test at all why would I bother. Why bother to use it, when a scratch would mean not a 100%, no refund. I said test and review, not look at and take photos, with no use involved. For that I could have went with Cold Steel, they do NOT ask to b pay or to leave a deposit. Atleast for knives only to be looked at and photographed. To accredit journalists and magazines.

Please feel free to contact, Tisa Hall at Cold Steel to any and all to confirm.

As for ANY PUT DOWNS, sir. I have had my reputation, and professionalism ´´pretty much do not matter anyway because I am not much of a maker.´´ Or in my case anything because i am a scammer. I offered you my refferences, ou SIR, had no guts or any other male body parts, for that matter. You post something on a forum, then don´t even have the, missing male body parts to tell me, or invite me present myself. Mr. ´´´big DEAL Tullllllsa´´ coye told me.

My comments, to you and some others, WHERE diret and honest, but they were also well mannered and stated, sir.

So prosper and make knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back