I am curious...

I picked up this little guy, used, for a song. Couldn’t get the money out fast enough. It’s a bit small and the controller is crude, but it can be dialed into within a few degrees. I use a fluke meter to read the temp (kinda like s pyrometer). I’ve had it as hot as 2200*F. And so far it works really well.

View attachment 66295
Nice find!

I picked up this little guy, used, for a song. Couldn’t get the money out fast enough. It’s a bit small and the controller is crude, but it can be dialed into within a few degrees. I use a fluke meter to read the temp (kinda like s pyrometer). I’ve had it as hot as 2200*F. And so far it works really well.

View attachment 66295
What is that thing?

It’s an Olympic kiln. I believe it’s intended use was for glass making. I was thinking about trying to use a pottery kiln for heat treating when I came across this one. I like the fact that it loads from the front. The little window is nice too. You can load and unload and it doesn’t drop the heat too much.

Unfortunately, I’m still using stamps to HT. It’s super easy to do lol.

Kevin build yourself a "1 BRICK FORGE" and use a Toaster oven for your Hi-Carbon stuff. Cheap and easy to build one, use a propane torch for the heat source and in mine its super difficult to over heat the steel. Hung a oven thermometer in my Toaster oven preheat it to make sure its steady and bam done. I know you have been messing with some of the hybrid steels so you would still have to send them out but.

Back