Hunting success

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I took my youngest grandson hunting and he killed his first deer and squirrel.
I killed my first buck of the season.
Please forgive the sideways photos,I don't know how to correct this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 40
Nice buck..... and even nicer looking grandson Calvin. My 14 yr old granddaughter got her first deer in Dec also. Got her real excitement during bow season when a doe came within 7 yds of her blind - distance checked with range finder. Poor girl was so excited she went thru the full routine she'd been taught by stepdad in 3D target work, first range finder to get distance, then raise bow to shoot. By the time rangefinder work was finished, doe spooked as she raised bow and didn't get a shot. She still got her money's worth from excitement.

Ken H>

Last edited:
You couldn't wipe that smile off of the boy's face if you had to. Congrats to both of you!

I can't tell you how to right the photos but were they posted from a phone or tablet?? If so that maybe what is causing them to go on there side. My sister sent me some photos and they were all messed up. It turns out they were sent from her tablet. Don't know how he did it but my son in law did something on my PC to make the photo's right though after I had downloaded them. So there is a way to correct it, just need someone smarter than me to tell you how to fix it!!!

Calvin, these are the things that you remember for the rest of your life. Good times, good memories. I'm always glad to see young kids enjoy hunting and fishing.

Looks like fun!! Calvin has you grandson made a knife with you yet gutting that deer or a deer in the future with a knife he made would be pretty awesome too!

Nice deer Calvin, I was up that way last weekend but didn't see any shooters, saw a whole lot of rain on sunday though.
I'm going to try again in a couple weeks.

Looks like you all had a great time, Calvin. I bet Grandpa is real proud. It's great to see more young people taking to the woods.

Two more

I killed two more yesterday,a 7 pt at 9:00 am,an 8 pt at 4:20pm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 11
Dang Calvin your laying them down. How many bucks can you take in your state!!!

Justin,
We have a very liberal deer hunting season here in Florida.
In my part of the state the bow season opened October 27th,we can hunt deer through the first week of March and take two deer a day with no season limit and still,there are too many deer. We also have 8 anterless deer days where you can take one anterless deer per day,and during bow season you can take one anterless deer per day plus one Buck.
I like to shoot only eight points but some seven points get thrown in,I let my grand children shoot the smaller bucks.

Looks like fun!! Calvin has you grandson made a knife with you yet gutting that deer or a deer in the future with a knife he made would be pretty awesome too!

Yes,we have made knives together and he is who I made my second knife for,my oldest grandson has my first knife.

Nice deer Calvin, I was up that way last weekend but didn't see any shooters, saw a whole lot of rain on sunday though.
I'm going to try again in a couple weeks.
The rain cleared out of here Sunday morning,the weather was perfect for this hunt,everything went just right and Blake did his part perfectly,just like I trained him.

Back