Howdy, from Kentucky

Kentucky

Hi, just decided to join this forum. Had made two orders from the supply house before I noticed the forums :D We live on a farm in Eastern,Kentucky. In the appalachias, Floyd co. We run a forge out of the farm though my wife has taken over the business of the forge and Im more the teacher now. We mostly sell hawks and period knives. Of course being where we are we still use a coal forge along with the gasser.
Anyway here is some of the stuff that comes out of the shop. You can probably tell there is more "blacksmith" than "bladesmith" in a lot of the work :D
hawk025.jpg

Picture444-1.jpg

Picture419-1.jpg

Picture447.jpg

Yep just about 20 miles south. I have a good friend who lives in Prestonsburg, he is the one who got me into knifemaking.

really, thats cool. Im in Pikeville pretty often(tractor supply/Lowes/Applebees), just the other day in fact. Maybe Ill run into you one of these days :cool:
If you have been to the Jenny Wiley festival in the last few years Im sure you have seen my wife set up there. She usually has a lot of fireplace tools, hooks of various kinds and several knives.

Welcome to KnifeDogs....
You Kentucky boys better get together and form your own club...

Welcome from another Blacksmith who makes a few blades. Check out the Tennessee and Environs Knife Dogs Group under the "Community Tab". 'Course it looks like that there are enough of you Kentuckians to have your own group.

Welcome from McLean county,KY. Good to see another kentuckian on here. Nothin but good people on here I'm sure you'll like it.

Back